A weekday recap with subpar photos from google images:
1. I got done with my work early one afternoon so a girlfriend and I went to a matinee and watched Sully. Although I probably should have done this first, I am thinking about ordering Captain Sully’s book, Highest Duty: My Search for What Really Matters. This is one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. When looking up the Parenting Preview, I was a little shocked at the PG-13 rating. It looks as though it received this score due to the profanity. I would personally rate it PG-10.
2. I have rediscovered my love for matinees. We may have been the youngest attendees at the movie but it was great having a mostly empty theater, no lines, AND I could stay awake for the entire movie! The great thing about movies is that I am forced to be away from my phone and relax for an hour or two. My vacation was short lived when I turned my phone back to find a voice message telling me we had a sick kid.
3. Oil changes…Oh so glamorous. Please do NOT EVER pay full price for an oil change. I got $15 off this morning with a coupon code I quickly found on my phone.
4. With two little guys living in our house, I always try to come up with ways to make weekly tasks more efficient. I have used the “Club Pickup” option at Sam’s Club for two weeks now and it really helps save time and money. Due to the fact that I always find extra (unnecessary) items when I shop, this forces me to only get what I absolutely need!
5. After having Jude a year ago, lattes didn’t seem to give me enough of a caffeine boost. Once I did a little research, I changed up my Starbucks order. I know you are just DYING to know what I get. The wait is over. Here you go…
In my best Starbucks language: Grande Misto with Non-Fat Milk + Sugar-Free Vanilla + at children’s temperature.
Translation: An overpriced BUT convenient beverage in a medium cup that tastes like a vanilla latte but isn’t. It is filled with coffee, steamed milk, and sweetener. PLUS it is cool enough for me to drink immediately.
Caffeine: One 2 oz double espresso shot (which is in a latte) has about 80 milligrams of caffeine. Whereas a 12 oz brewed coffee has about 120 milligrams. So actually there is more caffeine in an average cup of drip coffee than in espresso.
Cost: I save just over one dollar each time I order a misto instead of a latte.
5 ½ . I wasn’t impressed with my marathon time two weeks ago so I am going to try get my goal time again this weekend. Stay tuned.